The focus of the Academic Writing Development and Research course at Coventry University is on writing, rhetoric, and literacies research, and on how this research can inform the teaching of writing and writing development. The course programme builds upon the strength of the Centre for Academic Writing in the teaching of and research into academic writing, as well as Coventry University’s pioneering establishment of a Centre for Academic Writing.
Successful completion of this course should enhance your career prospects for working with students, academics, and other colleagues through supporting, teaching and carrying out research on academic writing.
This course aims to combine the theory and practice necessary for working effectively as a writing developer in writing centres, learning centres, staff development centres, and research centres, and for providing writing support in disciplinary or workplace contexts, in the UK and internationally.
It should also prepare you to undertake research and doctoral study in the fields of Academic Writing, Composition and Rhetoric, Education, or a related field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Supporting Academic Writing
- Contextual Issues in Developing Research Communication
- Writing Centre and Writing Programme Development and Management
- Supporting Research-Active Staff with Research Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducational Research Creative Writing Literature View 271 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a second class honours degree or above in any academic discipline in the Humanities, Social Sciences, or Sciences, and have an interest in teaching, supporting, and researching academic writing.
- Applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience at an appropriate professional level but do not have the formal academic entry qualifications may be admitted subject to an application and assessment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.