This English Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics course at Coventry University gives you the opportunity to reflect on your own professional development as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language in a stimulating, interactive and innovative way. It discusses how different settings and teaching scenarios can affect your teaching approach.
A diagnostic task is administered at the start the course to support your academic development and this task is discussed with your allocated personal tutor, who can support your learning journey and provide sign-posting for your pastoral needs.
In addition to enabling you to learn more about classroom, blended and online teaching and learning, this course will provide you with the chance to develop skills to perform roles such as materials developer, resource manager and examiner. It can also lead to a variety of careers associated with teaching English or the use of English Language, including education management, academic consultancy, journalism, information management and human resources, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Language Teaching in Practice
- Business English
- Teaching English Through Literature
- Research Methods in Applied Linguistics
- Grammar and Phonology for the English Language Teacher
- Computer Assisted Language Learning: Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 462 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The course is open to both experienced teachers and to students who have recently graduated. It is suitable for overseas applicants and UK nationals.
- Graduates from any subject who have an interest in teaching English as a Foreign Language can apply for this course.
- This course requirements a minimum grade of 2.2 or above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £3,066 (PGDip)
- £2,783 (PGCert)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.