Maritime Security is one of the most dynamic and expanding sectors in the security industry with an impact on development efforts, insurance, international law, and global shipping. It encompasses the headline issue of piracy alongside other security challenges such as trafficking by sea, illegal fishing and port security.
The MA in Maritime Security (PG Cert, PG Dip, MA) at Coventry University is a pioneering course that can offer an unparalleled opportunity to gain a deeper insight through both theoretical and practical perspectives of the present security challenges at sea. The course is currently taught by experts in the field of Maritime Security and is informed by their research. The programme is also evolving alongside these challenges and our teaching aims to reflect that.
The course seeks to create a learning community where ideas can discussed amongst academic staff, alumni, and current students, lasting well beyond the timespan of the academic programme itself.
These are the benefits that the MA in Maritime Security can offer you, and should thus enhance your career prospects in the following ways. If you are already a practitioner, you will be offered the opportunity to broaden your professional network, which should be useful to you in the workplace, whilst also gaining a formal accredited postgraduate qualification, which may be required for further progression in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Peace, Conflict and Security in the 21st Century
- Maritime Security in the 21st Century - Challenges and Responses
- Privatisation of International Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Terrorism & Security View 61 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applications will be evaluated individually with admissions decisions made by CTPSR. Admission decisions are based on the entry criteria elaborated below and an evaluation of the required application documents. Ordinarily, the minimum entry criteria for each stage (PGCert, PGDip & MA) of the Maritime Security programme are as follows:
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 or above degree (or equivalent international grade/qualification), from a recognised University, preferably in a social science subject (e.g. Sociology, Psychology, Security Studies, International Relations, Politics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Development Studies, etc.).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- £9,500 (PGDip)
- £4,750 (PGCert)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.