The MA is a blended learning course – a mixture of distance and face-to-face study – allowing you the flexibility to integrate your studies with work and personal commitments. We also provide the opportunity to study through our fast-track (APEL*) route which can allow you to gain accreditation for your prior experience and learning, including what you have achieved in your career so far.
The programmes in Maritime Security at Coventry University is a pioneering course that offers an unparalleled opportunity to gain a deeper insight through both theoretical and practical perspectives of the present security challenges at sea. The course is currently taught by experts in the field of Maritime Security and is informed by their research. The programme is also evolving alongside these challenges and our teaching reflects that.
The course seeks to create a learning community where ideas can be discussed amongst academic staff, alumni, and current students, lasting well beyond the timespan of the academic programme itself.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Peace, Conflict and Security in the 21st Century
- Maritime Security in the 21st Century - Challenges and Responses
- Privatisation of International Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Terrorism & Security View 153 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applications will be evaluated individually with admissions decisions made by CTPSR. Admission decisions are based on the entry criteria elaborated below and an evaluation of the required application documents. Ordinarily, the minimum entry criteria for each stage (PGCert, PGDip & MA) of the Maritime Security programme are as follows:
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 or above degree (or equivalent international grade/qualification), from a recognised University, preferably in a social science subject (e.g. Sociology, Psychology, Security Studies, International Relations, Politics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Development Studies, etc.).
- For non-UK applicants, the entry requirement is English language proficiency at IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. Where applicants do not hold up-to-date IELTS certification, we will look at whether an applicant has previously studied and successfully completed a Higher Education qualification in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK: £10,600 (MA) | £7,066 (PG Dip) | £3,533 (PG Cert) (per year)
- International: £16,950 (MA) | £11,300 (PG Dip) | £5,650 (PG Cert) (per year)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.