Health, wellness, fitness, amateur sport and professional sport may all have opportunities for qualified strength and conditioning coaches. As a well-established course, previous graduates have progressed to a range of strength and conditioning related careers within the sport and physical activity sector, including, but not limited to, professional football, professional rugby, institutes of sport, and higher education.
The MSc in Strength and Conditioning course at Coventry University is explicitly designed to enable you to evidence attainment of the professional standards required by a Graduate Strength and Conditioning Coach. Upon success completion, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to apply for accreditation with the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA), as well as certification with the USA based National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) upon graduation (additional fees are payable to UKSCA and NCSA for accreditation/certification).
This course aims to equip you with knowledge and professionalism for a variety of health and fitness related careers such as: Strength and Conditioning Coach, Fitness Manager for sports teams, Performance Manager, Exercise/physical activity referral officer, Health and fitness industry and Health Promotion.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Profiling and Needs Analysis
- Foundation Practice in Strength and Conditioning
- Needs Analysis and Programme Design
- Project Proposal
- Advanced Practice in Strength and Conditioning
- Professional Practice within a Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Critical Review of Research Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 314 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold the equivalent of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in Sport and Exercise Science. Modules of study must include Exercise Physiology and/or Biomechanics in Year 3 of an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants with a degree in an area cognate with Strength and Conditioning such as Human/Exercise Physiology, Coaching, Engineering (with a focus on Biomechanics), Health and Exercise will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.