Focused on key elements of molecular biology, this course aims to expand your knowledge of and proficiency in advanced molecular biology techniques and molecular microbiological methods.
The Molecular Biology at Coventry University is composed of a combination of modules which progressively build to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) or Master’s. Core subject areas include cellular molecular biology, genetics, protein biology, numeracy, statistics and computing and a broad coverage of instrumentation and analytical techniques.
Molecular biology is one of the most buoyant sectors of the biosciences jobs market with above average growth in the employment market in this decade.
Few fields are so interesting, challenging and potentially so rewarding. You could develop and produce life-saving vaccines and drugs, design new tools to diagnose and detect disease or create genetically engineered crops that are more resistant to frost, drought, spoilage, diseases and pests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills
- Professional Experience in Life Sciences
- Life Sciences Professional Experience Project and Reflection
- Professional Experience Preparation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 450 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold the equivalent of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in Bioscience or Biological Chemistry.
- We would expect to see the study of one or more of the following modules in the final year of an undergraduate degree: molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, genetics, molecular immunology or molecular virology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £15,450 (with professional experience)
- International: £18,950 (with professional experience)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.