This Biomedical Science course at Coventry University aims to advance your skills and knowledge in laboratory management, together with modern scientific developments, such as genomics and stem cell technology.
Our multi-million pound, state-of-the-art Alison Gingell Building features a suite of analytical and biological laboratories where you can gain hands-on experience in cutting-edge industry techniques.
The course aims to prepare you for a wide range of careers spanning government, academic, commercial, industrial and healthcare applications of biomedical sciences.
Examples of possible career routes include working in laboratory quality assurance and management or becoming a researcher or biomedical scientists for the NHS, public health laboratories, commercial diagnostic laboratories, the Blood Transfusion service, university research laboratories and bioscience/life sciences private companies. Within the NHS, a master’s qualification is required for further career progression to apply for Senior Biomedical Scientist positions at Band 7 and above.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory and Professional Skills for Biomedical Science
- Global Professional Development - Entrepreneurship
- Genomic and Regenerative Medicine
- Research Principles and Preparation
- Clinical Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 173 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The requirements for admission for PgCert/PgDip and MSc Biomedical Science are:
- An Honours degree in a Biomedical Science undergraduate course; with a minimum of a lower second class (2.ii) classification (2.i for the professional experience course)
- An equivalent appropriate qualification that includes substantial clinical or biomedical content. We would expect to see the study of one or more of the following modules in the final year of an undergraduate degree: clinical biochemistry, microbiology and virology, clinical immunology, haematology
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
INT: £18,950 (with professional experience) (per year)
NAT: £15,450 (with professional experience) (per year)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.