Graduates are prepared to serve in Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner positions in hospital and independent care settings; and upon program completion, may sit for state licensure and FNP certification of the AANP.
In 2015, according to national doctor recruiting firm Merritt Hawkins, Family Nurse practitioners ranked fifth behind hospitalists who were fourth and physician assistants were in 10thplace, tied on the “in demand” scale with general surgeons. Advanced nurse practitioners are more in demand than several specialties including general surgery, cardiology, urology and neurology.
Also in 2015, The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the federal agency focused on improving access to care and strengthening the health care workforce, stated that it is projecting a shortage of 20,400 primary care physicians in 2020, and other experts, too, have projected a large shortfall in the coming years.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Science & Research
- Context Of Healthcare
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 746 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A completed Graduate Application, online or pdf
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a recommended grade point average of 3.0
- A 250 word personal statement or essay describing why the candidate is interested in the program, how it fits into personal intellectual development, and what the applicant expects to accomplish by enrolling*
- One letter of recommendation*
- A check or online credit card payment to Ramapo College of New Jersey for $65 must be included with your application materials or an application fee waiver code provided by Graduate Admissions
- Applications without payment or waiver will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed
International706 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 706 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National706 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 706 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.