What to expect from studying this Business Administration program
We’ll teach you how to make strategic business decisions by adapting to changes in the organizational environment and using sophisticated analytical techniques. We'll do this in a variety of ways. First, we've created a diverse environment. Your classmates will vary in age, backgrounds, and nationalities, and they'll bring different perspectives and present a broad spectrum of business problems. Second, you'll have access to executives in Birmingham's central business district, the epicenter of entrepreneurship and innovation in Alabama.
Finally, we've made our program flexible to fit your needs. You can take our entire curriculum either online or on campus, and we offer both one- and two-year-plans of study. Best of all, you can coordinate your degree with the UAB schools of Engineering, Dentistry, Medicine, Public Health, Optometry, or Health Professions.
- MBA grads are paid handsomely. The average starting salary in 2018 is $105,000, according to a survey by the Graduate Management Admissions Council.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham Collat School of Business was named one of the nation's "Best Business Schools" by The Princeton Review.
The UAB Collat School of Business is accredited at the baccalaureate and master's level by AACSB International, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Strategic Cost Analysis and Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- Information Security Management
- Social Media and Virtual Communities in Business
- Web Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
International applicants should apply at least six months in advance of deadlines to ensure processing of all Visa paperwork.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1739 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Application form including 3 professional letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
- Current resume detailing work experience.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly by the Registrar or responsible head of the institution to the UAB Graduate School, 1720 2nd Ave. S., LHL G03, Birmingham, AL 35294-0013.
- Baccalaureate Degree - Applicants must be holders of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Quantitative Requirement - Applicants are expected to have completed a pre-calculus class with a grade of "C" or better within the last five years. If an applicant does not meet this requirement, they may be admitted with the contingency of satisfying the requirement during their first term of enrollment.
International32640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1088 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1088 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State32640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1088 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.