What to expect from studying this Biotechnology program
As a matter of fact, one of our most important goals is to help you make your ideas a reality. To do this, we'll enroll you in classes that are divided into categories such as principles of biotechnology, applications in biotechnology, bench to commercialization, and professional skills. But that's just the beginning. We believe real-world experience is critical, and you're going to get plenty of it. There'll be guest speakers who have discovered innovative technologies and created new products. Plus, we're going to put you to work with actual biotech companies so you can help develop real solutions.
- Ninety-five percent of students in the MS in Biotechnology program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham graduate with a job.
- Students partner with organizations such as the start-up incubator Innovation Depot and BioAlabama to help develop new businesses in Birmingham.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Biotechnology - Nucleic Acid Technology
- Principles of Biotechnology - Amino Acid Technology
- Principles of Biotechnology - Systems Biology & Pharmacology
- Applications in Biotechnology
- Bench to Commercialization
- Special Topics in Biotechnology
- Innovative Technologies in Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 197 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or a 3.0 on the last 60 hours attempted.
- Completion of prerequisite courses with letter grades C or better.
- Completion of interview with program faculty.
- Complete the UAB medical history questionnaire and physical, provide proof of required immunizations, and receive satisfactory screening by the UAB Student Health Services (if accepted to program.)
International43140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1438 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.