The departments of music at Catholic University of America offer traditional conservatory-based performance degrees at both the master's and doctoral levels in orchestral instruments, voice, and piano as well as graduate degrees in pedagogy of voice or piano, such as the Piano Performance program.
- A solo recital (MUS 902) of 70 minutes duration is to be publicly performed from memory after approval by the candidate's instructor and after private hearing before the recital committee, which may grant or withhold permission for public performance. In case of withholding permission, a second hearing will be granted after approval by the adviser of the program. Candidates should make application for committee hearings at least four weeks in advance of the proposed recital date.
- A concerto (MUS 943) from the standard repertory is to be memorized and performed publicly. The required concerto normally will be accompanied by piano. The securing of the accompanist is the responsibility of the soloist.
- A chamber music performance (MUS 943A), in a public concert, of a major work for piano with strings or winds will be scheduled with approval of the candidate's instructor in ensemble. Memorization is not required.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Piano Private Instruction
- Piano Literature
- Piano Pedagogy (or Seminar in Piano Technique)
- Chamber Music
- Research Methodology
- Analytical Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 1113 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All students entering the Master of Music degree program in piano performance must take the Music Theory Placement.
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 12 months.
National52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.