The Vocal Accompanying applicant's undergraduate degree program should be in piano performance (or the equivalent). In addition to meeting the general requirements for admission to the Departments of Music from Catholic University of America, a student who wishes to major in vocal accompanying must pass an audition before the piano faculty. This will include solo literature and vocal repertoire, and sight reading. All entering graduate students in the Master of Music degree program in vocal accompanying must take the Music Theory Placement Examination and the Music History Placement Examination.
Minor in Latin American Music
Requirements listed above apply, with the following exceptions:
- Among the core courses, six semester hours of Latin American music electives replace Music in the Classical Period and Music in the Romantic Period.
- Among the core electives, electives in Latin American music may be included as appropriate and as approved by the adviser.
- A significant portion of the student's performance repertoire for juries and recitals must consist of music by Latin American composers.
- Two Lyric Diction courses in either Italian MUS 572, French MUS 572A, or German MUS 572B
- Research Methodology
- Analytical Techniques
- Music in the Classical Period
- Music in the Romantic Period
- Chamber Music Recital
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Music Musicology View 999 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 24 months.
National52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.