Majoring in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Catholic University of America thus offers excellent professional prospects and challenging career opportunities.
- Pattern Recognition, Database Systems, and Software Development Statistical and visual data analysis; Bayesian decision theory; density estimation; classifiers; dimensionality reduction; feature extraction; feature selection; clustering; and database design. Applications include quantitative image analysis, dynamic computing environments, quality assurance in software, and bioinformatics.
- High Speed Communications and NetworkingBroadband networks: Asynchronous Transfer Mode based networks; Optical Transport Networks: Architectures, protocol layers, protection and restoration; Wireless networks: Iterative (turbo) processing techniques; Network Security: Multimedia authentication; Applications: Multimedia over IP, multi-protocol over optical transport networks, optical internet;
- Visualization and Computer GraphicsVisualization, computer graphics, medical image processing and analysis, minimally invasive image-guided system, image registration, and bioinformatics.
- MicroOptics and BioImagingAcousto-optics, Optical information processing, hyperspectral imaging, molecular information storage, bio-electronics, bio-optics, computational and molecular imaging.
- Signal and Image Processing Application of detection and estimation theory to broad areas of signal/image processing, radar tracking, chemical agent detection and classification, image sequence restoration, image motion detection and estimation.
- Antennas and Electromagnetic Propagation Antenna design and development for different applications, such as wireless communications, satellite communications, and military platforms; Creating and using antenna design tools for different antennas such as reflectors and phased arrays; Implications of antenna performance on communication systems; Characteristics of wave propagation through different media, such as random media, layered media, etc.
- Robotics and Artificial IntelligenceEnhance automation in motion planning and provide assistance in human-machine cooperative tasks in complex domains such as robotic-assisted surgery, robot manipulation, mobile robotics, and air-traffic control.
- Network securityApply such tools as cryptography and statistics to solve security and privacy issues in wireless networks, and also to enhance network security, system and web security, networking and network management.
- Heterogeneous and Biologically-inspired ArchitecturesDevelop innovative biologically-inspired computing architectures and expand the potential uses of reconfigurable systems, hardware acceleration, and heterogeneous architectures in general. It is paramount that a unified view of the hardware resources be provided independently of their type. This would facilitate ease-of-use, portability and hence the wide adoption of these promising technologies.
Research, Funding, and Teaching OpportunitiesThe Catholic University of America offers graduate students a wide variety of funding, teaching assistantships, on-campus employment, and research opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Signals and Systems
- Electronic Circuits
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Security and Privacy Cyber Concepts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 187 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International50260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25130 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National50260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25130 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.