The Psychological Science M.A. degree from the Catholic University of America is an ideal program for those:
- Planning to apply to Ph.D. programs but needing additional Psychology experience.
- Looking to gain additional Psychology research experience.
- Hoping to change their field of study if they lack a Psychology undergraduate background
Strengths of the Psychological Science Program
- 95% of students complete the program in 2 years, with no summer requirements.
- Our match rate for students applying to doctoral program exceeds the national average: this past year, 100% of our students were accepted into doctoral programs.
- All of your classes are with Ph.D. students in doctoral-level courses. This means that many Ph.D. programs will allow you to transfer these credits.
- A diverse selection of classes allows you to tailor your studies to your interests.
- Many opportunities to work as a Research Assistant in faculty labs. Our M.A. students have the opportunity to conduct independent research projects while in the program.
- Take advantage of being in Washington, D.C., by working as a Research Assistant at local institutions. Recent placements include: Children's National Medical Center, Veteran's Administration Medical Center, National Institute of Health (NIH), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), and many others.
- Opportunities to be authors on journal articles and conference paper and poster abstracts.
- Supportive faculty who are invested in your professional development and available to advise you on job opportunities and graduate school applications.
- A supportive student body.
- The option to complete a thesis.
- Required courses are designed to provide training in statistics and research methodology and a breadth of coverage in several content areas including clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, neuroscience, and social psychology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
While there is no deadline for applying to the Psychological Science M.A. program, we encourage applicants to submit their materials by mid-April.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 129 other Masters in Neuroscience in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 24 months.
National52190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26095 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.