Taught through blended learning (online and face-to-face teaching) and fully accredited by the Career Development Institute (CDI), on successful completion you will additionally be eligible for the Qualification in Career Development (QCD) (please note that this is subject to membership, application and additional costs will apply) which can allow you to work in a variety of career guidance provider contexts.
The CDI is the UK-wide professional body for everyone working in the fields of career education, career coaching, career consultancy, career management and career information, advice and guidance.
As part of this course you will undertake a professional development module in Entrepreneurship accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. Each of the participating postgraduate courses have an individually tailored version of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Professional Development module, offering the opportunity to apply for Chartered Manager status.
Career development professionals provide activities and services which assist individuals or organisations seeking support to effect a wide range of career transitions. These may be associated with life and career stages, including the development of young people’s career ideas.
Successful completion of the Career Development and Management course at Coventry University should provide you with skills to seek employment as a guidance practitioner in the statutory services, careers guidance within further education and higher education institutions, adult guidance partnerships, charitable organisations, community-based agencies and opportunities in the voluntary and private sectors.
Career Development Institute (CDI)Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Models of Career Guidance Interventions
- Career Theory
- Engaging with practice
- Organisational Management
- Social Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
- PgDip: 120 credits
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling View 739 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold the equivalent of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in any subject.
- Applicants must show a strong interest in career guidance and be motivated to pursue a career in the field. Applicants who can demonstrate considerable experience at an appropriate professional level but who do not have the formal academic entry qualifications may also be admitted, subject to an application and assessment.
- Each application will be considered on its merits and the final decision will be made by the course director. For information regarding what might amount to ‘considerable experience at an appropriate professional level,’ please contact the course director. All offers are subject to satisfactory disclosure and barring service/criminal conviction check.
- Please note: students must also meet the placement requirements, normally assessed by an interview during the first term of the course following enrolment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,066 (PgDip)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.