For the Department of Library and Information Science:
- Completed online application for admission to graduate studies
- Official transcripts sent directly from the regionally accredited college or university that awarded the applicant's B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores if applicant earned less than a 3.0 in undergraduate work.
- A 500-700 word personal statement about how your current and/or past academic and work experiences, including volunteer work, have influenced your ability to become a leader in your field.
- Three letters of reference from persons who can attest to your ability to perform graduate level studies.
For the Department of History:
- Standard graduate application form
- Official transcript of undergraduate grades. It is not necessary for an applicant to have been a history major at the undergraduate level, but ordinarily the department would expect a minimum of 18 undergraduate semester credits in history and 12 in other areas of the social sciences or humanities.
- The general portion of the Graduate Record Examination (the department does not require the history examination)
- At least three letters of recommendation — preferably by professors from the applicant's previous academic program — attesting to the applicant's ability to perform graduate-level work.
- A sample of writing, which should be a research paper on an academic subject, preferably history.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Actionable Intelligence
- Organization of Information
- The Rise and Fall of Emperors: Julius Caesar, Charles V, and Napoleon
- London: From Imperial Metropolis to Global City
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLibrary Science History View 70 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
International44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22200 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22200 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.