We offer a master degree in Film and Theatre at the University of New Orleans. The Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre. MFA programs in Theatre Arts reflect NAST's highest standards.
- The overriding philosophy of the Film program is to train the entire filmmaker.
- Students are expected to be, at a minimum, conversant with all aspects of the filmmaking process, from screenwriting and directing to cinematography, sound, and editing.
- Film theory and history are also considered essential components.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Form and Idea in the Media
- Performance and Direction
- Concept, Conflict, and Character
- Styles in Theatrical Production
- Development of Theatre
- Advanced Studies in Modern Theatre
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
or 60/61 depending on concentration
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 332 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a 4-year degree equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree or international equivalent will be considered for conditional admission.
- 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all graduate coursework
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- CV or Resume
- Portfolio of Creative Work
International13678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13678 USD per year during 36 months.
National13678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13678 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9108 USD per year during 36 months.
Summer: $335 per credit
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.