What's covered in the course?
Our course is designed to enhance your skills and train you to become a qualified internal auditor, manager and head of department. Past graduates have gone on to work with high-profile organisations, including Cancer Research UK, the Department of Work and Pensions and Royal Bank of Scotland. The Internal Audit Management and Consultancy - MSc course is provided by Birmingham City University.With the drive across the globe for integrated reporting to increase transparency, increased regulation such as the introduction of the Sarbanes Oxley Act in the US, and the general publics access to real time information, boards and their audit committees are ever more in need of independent and objective assurance and internal audit has a vital role to play in providing this.
This course covers not just the operational aspects of internal auditing, but also the strategic and tactical. It considers internal audit’s role in many key risk areas that organisations face, such as ethics, CSR and sustainability, and examines how internal audit can influence an organisation and be a catalyst for change. It also looks at innovation within an organisation and specifically for internal audit, and you will have the opportunity to complete a research project of your choice relating to the field.
OpportUNIty: Student Jobs on Campus ensures that our students are given a first opportunity to fill many part-time temporary positions within the University. This allows you to work while you study with us, fitting the job around your course commitments. By taking part in the scheme, you will gain valuable experiences and employability skills, enhancing your prospects in the job market.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Internal Audit and its Context
- Providing Assurance - Risk Based Internal Auditing
- Organisation Environment Risks and Controls
- Ethical Leadership
- Organisational Leadership
- Leading Internal Audit
- Innovation and Professional Development
- Internal Audit Research Project
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date .
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Auditing Counselling View 94 other Masters in Counselling in United Kingdom
- A Honours degree from a UK University or international equivalent
- OR Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) global base qualification / Relevant professional qualification from the PIIA.
- OR Relevant professional experience of at least 1 year
- In recognition that many students may already have a relevant professional qualification, Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) for individual modules and / or stages may be given on a case by case basis.
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time - (60 credits)£4,300 year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.