This twelve-month programme will enable you to form an understanding and appreciation of theoretical, practical and professional issues that are informing the evolution of contemporary interior architecture and design professional practice.
What's covered in the course?
On the MA Interior Architecture and Design programme at Birmingham City University you will explore the distinctive qualities associated with the interiors of inhabited architecture.
By looking at the cultural, practical and atmospheric aspects of interiors created by architects, artists and designers, as an innovator you will be able to strategically develop creative interfaces and determine how users will perceive and behave in the spaces that your are conceiving.
A key aspect of the course is that it will encourage a spirit of 'internationalisation', which will contribute to the establishment of a culturally rich, vibrant and diverse learning studio environment.
Fostering the ambition of ‘life long learning’, you will create a dynamic continual development plan. This will allow you to draw on the expertise and global networks associated with the institution, reflecting the full spectrum of opportunities that can help you to enrich and nurture your career.
Previous postgraduate students on the programme have been employed at leading international architectural practices as architects, interior designers, or as design lecturers in further and higher education institutions, with the pathway to postgraduate Doctoral PhD study also opened up as a result.
Why Choose Us?
- The programme is dedicated to providing you with a dynamic range of quality postgraduate experiences and opportunities.
- Situated in the renowned Birmingham School of Architecture and Design, the MA Interior Architecture and Design postgraduate course offers a practice-led, transformational learning journey.
- Choice enables you to independently self-select modes of study within each of the modules that make up the programme.
- Interior architecture and design learning plans can be tailored to meet your academic and creative aspirations.
- The trans-disciplinary approach of the course allows you to pursue different orientations as designer, from the re-ordering and refurbishment of existing architecture to generating spatial interventions through creativity.
Enhancing your employability skills
The MA Interior Architecture and Design programme aims to foster postgraduates with a set of attributes, which prepare them for their future careers and see that they are:
- Professional and work-ready
- A creative problem solver
- Have a global outlook
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design Culture
- Appreciative Design Inquiry
- Collaborative Practice
- Major Project - Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 43 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
- Applications are welcomed from designers that have already achieved a high quality degree in Interior Design or a closely related three dimensional design discipline, or equivalent qualifications.
- Applications from European or International mature students (+21) with alternative qualifications and/or substantial work experience will be considered individually on their merits/portfolio.
- Advanced English Skills are essential as this is a taught MA and all project work requires accurate and appropriate communication in English language.
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.