Civil Engineering from Idaho State University prepares the student for advanced placement in the civil engineering field in industry, research, or development areas. Additionally, this program provides a suitable base for entrance into a doctoral program in a field related to civil engineering.
Graduates with Civil Engineering from Idaho State University will:
- Enhance their knowledge in the advanced concepts in civil engineering fields such as structures, mechanics, finite element methods, geotechnics, and water resources.
- Increase the ability to synthesize and apply these advanced concepts to develop realistic designs in fields related to civil engineering, solve identified problems, and design strategies for implementing them safely, ethically, and effectively.
- Enhance the ability to effectively communicate these concepts both in oral and written formats.
- Green and Sustainable Engineering
- Open Channel Flow
- Water Resources
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- Geotechnical Design
- Hydraulic Design
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
- Basic Engineering Geology
- Geologic Data Methods
- Project Management
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Design of Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Design of Wood Structures
- Structural Engineering Laboratory
- Behavior of Composite Materials
- Essentials of Geomechanics
- Engineering Geology Project
- Earthquake Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Hydraulics of Pipelines
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Deadlines are for priority application forms.
- Thesis option (30 credits)
- Non-thesis option (33 credits)
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geology General Engineering & Technology View 278 other Masters in Geology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Idaho State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- Standardized Test or GPA requirements
- English proficiency score
- Names and contact information of recommenders
- Application fee
International28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
National28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Idaho Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.