Public Health from Idaho State University curriculum also addresses cross-cutting and emerging public health areas.
Graduates with Public Health from Idaho State University will:
- Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice
- Compare the organization, structure and function of health care, public health and regulatory systems across national and international settings
- Assess population needs, assets and capacities that affect communities’ health
- Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence
- Apply principles of leadership, governance and management, which include creating a vision, empowering others, fostering collaboration and guiding decision making
- Select communication strategies for different audiences and sectors
- Perform effectively on interprofessional teams
- Apply systems thinking tools to a public health issue
- Applications in Epidemiology
- Social and Cultural Perspectives in Public Health
- Leadership Policy and Administration
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- US and Global Health Systems
- Technological Applications in Public Health
- Seminar in Public and Community Health
- Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- Research and Writing in Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Deadlines are for priority application forms.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 766 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point of at least 3.0 in upper division (3000-4000 level) courses
- Score an average of at least 40th percentile when considering both quantitative and verbal sections of the GRE general test but no lower than the 20th percentile in either section.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from non-relative individuals familiar with applicant's academic or professional abilities (no personal references).
- Submit a typed essay (one to two pages, single spaced) describing applicant's interest in pursuing the MPH degree and vision of how it will facilitate the applicant's career goals.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- English proficiency score
- Names and contact information of recommenders
- Application fee
International28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
National28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Idaho Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.