Sociology from Idaho State University is accomplished by providing them with the theories, findings, and methods distinctive to sociology. Some graduates choose to pursue a sociology doctorate with the hope of college teaching, others apply to law school, still others go into counseling or private consulting.
Graduates with Sociology from Idaho State University will:
- master literature in one substantive area of sociology.
- develop an understanding of sociological theories, related findings, research design, and statistics.
- further their professional careers by either continuing education at the doctoral level or finding employment in public service utilizing their advanced degree.
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Statistical Analysis
- Mind Body and Society
- Elite Deviance and Crime
- Sexual Crimes
- Power Class and Prestige
- Community Networking:Cultivating the Sociological Imagination
- Criminal Justice
- Comparative Sociological Theories
- Sociological Theories
- Social Organization
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Deadlines are for priority application forms.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Criminology View 668 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Idaho State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0) for the last 60± credits taken as an undergraduate or permission of the Graduate Director.
- Include a statement of interest and career goals.
- Three letters of recommendation must accompany the application.
- Submit a writing sample.
- For full admission to the graduate program in Sociology, the student must have completed the following courses or their equivalent: Introduction to Sociology, Social Theory, Social Statistics, and Social Science Research Methods.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- Standardized Test
- English proficiency score
- Names and contact information of recommenders
- Application fee
International28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
National28608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Idaho Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.