The Special Educational Needs and Inclusion MA course from the University of Northampton is made up of modules which help you to critically reflect on debates relating to inclusive practice in a variety of settings and contexts. You will be able to choose from a selection of optional modules so you can study what interests you most.
- If you are already working in the field of SEN, disabilities and Inclusion then the in-depth knowledge you will gain from this programme can help you to improve your practice or apply for management positions.
- A range of other career options in education, social care and voluntary sectors will also be possible, such as being an advocate, learning mentor, or family adviser. If you want to pursue further postgraduate research there is also the possibility of studying for a PhD.
- Physical Disabilities: Contexts and Interventions
- Understanding Autism Spectrum
- Evaluating Approaches for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Promoting Cultural and Linguistic Participation and Inclusion
- Attachment and Relationships
- The National Award for SEN Coordination
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 975 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Applicants will possess one of the following:
- Good honours Degree (UK University).
- Good honours Degree from a recognised University.
- QTS or equivalent. Applicants working in children’s services without QTS with an ordinary degree or Early Years Teacher Status or QTLS will be considered.
- Recent professional experience of three years or more. Applicants will be interviewed and must provide portfolio evidence of significant professional engagement in education or services for children at graduate equivalent level and/or a piece of written text.
- Applicants who have achieved level 7 credits undertaken on a UK accredited initial teacher education programme will be eligible to join the MA SEN & Inclusion with a maximum of 60 credits.
- Applicants who have achieved level 7 credits on the Postgraduate Certificate Special Educational Needs (SEN) Coordination will be eligible to join the MA SEN & Inclusion with a maximum of 60 credits.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part Time: £1,245 per 30 credits
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.