Power electronics plays a very important role in generating and efficient usage of electrical energy from clean energy sources. Power electronics is a science that constantly evolves and has a broad range of growing applications. It is a combination of electrical, electronics and control theory fields that are processed together in a way that relies on control and conversion of electrical energy. Power electronics which has found a significant place in modern technology has been used in a wide variety of applications where electrical energy is produced and distributed such as wind turbines, photovoltaic solar panels, piezoelectric systems, fuel cells and high voltage direct current generation.
It has also been used in some other important applications such as robot technologies, airplane-space technologies, automotive technologies, communication systems, electric motor drives, uninterruptible power supplies, drive-trains of electrical and hybrid electric vehicles, temperature, illumination and position controls, factory automations, etc.
Upon completion of the Power Electronics and Clean Energy Systems Master of Science program from Okan University, participants will:
- Have increased/refreshed their knowledge in power electronics and clean energy systems,
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in the field of power electronics and clean energy systems and find solutions to fundamental problems in this field,
- Assume leadership positions in the area of power electronics and clean energy systems,
- Pursue new opportunities in education,
- Pursue new opportunities in research and development (R&D),
- Have increased employment prospects.
The students who graduate from this M.Sc. program are eligible to get a "Master of Science" diploma and may work in the top notch energy firms in Turkey and Worldwide and also have a chance to pursue an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Engineering Mathematics
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Advanced Electric Drives
- DSP-Based Electromechanical Motion Control
- Clean Energy Technology and Energy Storage Systems
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Embedded System Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Turkey
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Electrical-Electronics Engineers, Electronics and Communication Engineers, Mechatronics Engineers, and Energy System Engineers undergraduate degree holders who scored at least 55 on the ALES exam (organized by OSYM), or 610 (old system) or 149 (new system) on the GRE exam quantitative section, or 450 on the GMAT exam (total score)
- Applicants should have a bachelor's degree GPA of at least 2.50/4.00. Applicants who have undergraduate degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Control Engineering and Computer Science may also join this master of science program once they have completed the "Scientific Preparatory Program" courses
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.