During the International Tourism Development programme at The University of Northampton you will gain the skills required to manage sustainable tourism businesses, alongside the specialisms of strategic destination management, managing tourism post-conflict and crisis and the strategic use of events for urban destinations.
This International Tourism Development course places particular emphasis upon the contribution of social enterprise projects in supporting development and sustainability, in line with the University’s Changemaker ethos.
This programme offers two points of entry.
The first option is to undertake a one year programme of study. You will gain the skills required to manage sustainable tourism businesses, alongside the specialisms of strategic destination management, crisis, and post-conflict tourism management and digital marketing.
The course draws upon a variety of case studies and projects, letting you explore the global scope of tourism, the policies, and strategies associated with successful management, the role the industry plays in international development, and the stakeholders involved in its development. The course places emphasis upon the micro-economic contribution of enterprise projects in supporting development and sustainability, in line with the University’s Changemaker ethos.
The course will also prepare you for the practical, project-based, and customer focused characteristics of the tourism industry, drawing upon a variety of case studies and engaging you with industry experts.
This course provides students with higher-level knowledge, skills and capabilities to pursue a specialist career in a broad range of areas in the tourism industry across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- If you are interested in pursuing a specialist career in destination management, sustainable tourism management or international development then studying the International Tourism Development is an ideal progression for you.
- Recent graduates have gone on to work within development organisations, NGOs, aid organisations, post-conflict, and disaster charities, as well as public- and private-sector tourism organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Imagined Futures for Tourism and Hospitality
- International Sustainable Tourism
- Strategic Destination Management
- Risk, Crisis and Post-conflict Management in Tourism
- Eventful Cities
- Managing Across Cultures
- Strategic Digital Marketing
- Service Sector Career Management
- Dissertation and Research Methods
- Industry Management Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure Digital Marketing View 282 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
- To be accepted onto this programme you will normally need to hold a recognised First or Second Class Honours degree from a UK university (or an international equivalent). A wide range of first degree disciplines are considered, which include travel, tourism, and international development.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.