In today’s society the emergence of transnational economies, increased global communications, the movement of people, cultures and ideas are reshaping the notions of citizenship and community. With this the increase in sectarian violence and new fundamentalisms are challenging security on an individual to international level. With this in mind, there has never been a more interesting time or a greater need for the study of International Relations. The subject gives you a thorough and sensitive knowledge of interests, ethnicities and cultures allowing you to understand the global condition.
International Relations is a vital and dynamic subject that offers you an interdisciplinary exploration of human interaction. It is not so much a single discipline; rather it is a study of a particular type of behaviour whose comprehension requires the insight and methods of a number of disciplines. Although your MA is set within a strong political and sociological framework, the course is enhanced through the support of Law, History, and American Studies.
- The International Relations course from University of Northampton aims to provide you with a suitable foundation for careers in both private and public sectors where there is a need for intemational sensitivity. If you are wishing to engage in later doctoral research or in careers within voluntary organisations, the civil and diplomatic service, intemational organisations, research posts or joumalisrn you will particularly benefit from studying this course.
- International Relations Theory: Great Debates, New Directions
- Major Organisations in the International Order
- Methodology and Research Design in International Relations
- The International Relations of the Pacific Rim
- The Politics of Latin American Development
- European Integration
- America After 9/11
- The Peoples' Republic of China: Foreign Policy Dilemmas
- The International Politics of the Post-Soviet Space
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory International Relations International Law View 642 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- If you have a first or second class honours degree, preferably in a social sciences subject, from a British university or its equivalent overseas then you will be eligible to apply for this course. You are encouraged to discuss the course with tutors prior to making an application.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.