This Advanced Occupational Therapy programme from the University of Northampton will equip you with the professional thinking to advance your occupational therapy practice by embedding occupation, critical use of evidence, research and leadership skills. Course content is designed to help you shape contemporary and emerging communities of practice for the profession of occupational therapy.
The award recognises the value of lifelong learning as a cornerstone of excellence in service delivery and is underpinned by the Royal College of Occupational Therapy career development framework. The award structure ensures that the modules are both contemporary for current service needs and innovative promoting engagement with emerging communities of practice underpinned throughout using high-quality evidence base.
- The development of research skills and capacity is an essential component of advanced practice within the award. Throughout the programme of study, you will engage in developing your capacity to critically evaluate and apply evidence within your professional context. The culmination of these skills is the completion of the professional project module, whereby you select a mode and topic of study that will provide you with the opportunity to consolidate your learning. This approach allows you to apply the learning achieved in a personally defined manner contributing to career development and range of employment opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupation for Occupational Therapists
- Embedding Evidence to Enhance Practice
- Contemporary Communities of Practice
- Implementing Innovative Change in Practice
- Leading People in Health and Social Care Organisations
- Research Methods - Philosophy and Study Design
- Professional Project
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics Public Health View 1009 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You will need to hold a recognised First or Second-Class Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy in order to be eligible to apply for this MSc.
- If you have relevant professional and educational experience this will also be taken into consideration.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK Part Time: £830 (per 20 credit module)
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.