The Humanities degree from Anglo-American University (AAU), Prague engages students in innovative intellectual work. In small, interactive classes, students learn to apply analysis and research methods from the social sciences, arts, literature, cultural and religious worldviews, and philosophy.
The two-year Master of Arts in Humanities program offers an applied approach to the practice of humanities. Students develop academically and professionally as they become experts in humanistic work, including visual culture, arts, and cultural management, popular culture and media theory, modern intellectual history, and advanced literary studies and critique.
Graduates of the Humanities degree from Anglo-American University (AAU), Prague can expect to:
- Have expertise in analytical and research methods of the humanities and social sciences
- Have specialized knowledge of intellectual history and cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies
- Be able to pragmatically and insightfully compare and critique the cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies
- Conduct analysis of the history and interpretation of the practice of humanities
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English; our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences
AAU graduates thrive in multinational environments and are able to communicate professionally in English to international audiences. As a graduate of this degree program, you will be well equipped to continue your studies or pursue a global career in areas such as:
- Curation of the arts
- Cultural Diplomacy and Institutions
- Publishing in Arts History and Critique
- Education in the Human Sciences
- Mass Media
- Human Sciences: Theoretical Paradigms
- Human Sciences: Critical Writing, Analysis & Interpretation
- Human Sciences: Scholarly Writing and Research/Thesis Writing
- Aesthetics & Art Theory
- Aesthetics–From Enlightenment to Postmodernism
- Art History
- Art & Society: History of Visual Art in the 20th Century
- History of Historiography
- Main currents & controversies in 20th Century Historiography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Diploma
- Bachelor Transcript
- Two Recommendation Letters
- English Language Exam Results
- Personal Statement
- Copy of Passport / ID
- Passport Size Photo
International8074 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16149 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8074 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16149 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.