Speech Pathology and Audiology at Miami University prepares students for a career as a speech-language pathologist. Graduate students in our program develop both theoretical and applied scientific skills in prevention, assessment, and treatment of communication disorders.
Students may pursue either a non-thesis (Master of Science, M.S.) or a thesis or option (Master of Arts, M.A.) in Speech-Language Pathology.
Graduates with Speech Pathology and Audiology from Miami University allows them to:
- interpret, integrate, and synthesize core concepts and knowledge;
- demonstrate appropriate professional and clinical skills; and
- incorporate critical thinking and decision-making skills while engaged in prevention, identification, evaluation, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and/or intervention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administrative Aspects of Speech Pathology
- Dysphagia and Trachs and Vents
- Neurogenic Cognitive Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Pediatric Language and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Speaker Series
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Genetic Syndromes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Linguistics View 1250 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Have a Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution
- Must take at least one course from each of the following areas: biological science (biology, physiology, zoology), physical science physics or chemistry, college level quantitative statistics, social science (2 courses are required), behavioral science, quantitative research methods course
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.2 and a minimum GPA of 3.4 in the communication sciences undergraduate degree are recommended.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): A minimum of 145 in the verbal and quantitative sections are preferred for the new version of the GRE. A writing score of 3.5 or above is preferred as well.
International12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.