Population and Social Gerontology from Miami University curriculum provides students with a thorough background in theory, policy, and research in social gerontology, hands-on experience through an individualized and supervised field practicum (domestic or abroad) and opportunities to interact with professionals in the field of aging through research experiences and informal mentoring
Graduates hold jobs in a range of public and private settings as program or facility administrators, planners, practitioners, researchers, advocates, and trainers. New job opportunities for well-trained gerontologists are constantly emerging. About one-half of MGS graduates go on to pursue a PhD at some point in their career.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Aging & Health
- Global Health and Health Care Systems
- Knowledge Construction and Advanced Theory
- Statistical Modeling in Gerontology
- Sociology of Aging
- Demography & Epidemiology of Aging
- Categorical Modeling in Aging
- Sport, Leisure, and Aging
- Exercise, Aging, and Health Promotion
- Public Budgeting
- Proseminar in Public Administration
- Sociology of Death
- Formal Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 476 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Undergraduate and, where appropriate, graduate grade point averages
- General Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- A written professional statement
- Your resume
- Three letters of recommendation
International12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.