The Mathematics in Operations Research master's program is tailored to students who are interested in a demanding vocational education and training, with emphases on mathematical optimization and the other subdisciplines of applied mathematics.
The theory and application of nonlinear and discrete optimization are central to the course of studies, as are lectures in numerical analysis, stochastic processes or applied analysis.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- As a graduate of the Mathematics in Operations Research master's program from Technical University of Munich, you are well prepared for an interdisciplinary occupation in a wide range of fields.
- By way of example, these include logistics, production and resource planning or network and process optimization. Further opportunities arise in management control systems, portfolio management or actuarial science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The core of the master’s degree program consists of courses in mathematical optimization and further subdisciplines of applied mathematics. These are complemented by the teaching sessions you choose in accordance with a minor.
- The program's flexible structure makes it easier to study abroad for one or two semesters at a TUM partner university.
- The degree concludes with the master’s thesis in the forth semester.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 26 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.