The Advanced Interpreting with Specialised Translation (Chinese-English) course offered by the University of Essex .
Our hands-on training familiarises you with the latest technologies used by professionals in their everyday work. You will practice all types of interpreting (consecutive, simultaneous and whisper) required in all business settings, and gain knowledge of the commercial world as well as communication and negotiation skills. You also learn business operations, essential for a freelance professional translator.
You study topics including:
- simultaneous interpreting
- business interpreting
- specialised translation
- translation technologies
Many interpreters and translators are working in business industries in mega-cities around the world. There is high demand both in China and in the international market for highly qualified translators and interpreters to work for the commercial industries. Our training gives you all the tools you need to succeed as a Chinese-English translator and interpreter, oriented toward business sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Interpreting Skills
- Written Translation
- Principles of Translation and Interpreting
- Technologies of Translation
- Specialised Translation
- Advanced Simultaneous Interpreting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 505 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We will consider applicants with a 2:2 or above (or international equivalent) in a subject which has a major component of English.
- If Mandarin Chinese is not your first language, you will need to hold HSK level 6 to be considered for this course.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview (by skype) and successfully pass Translation and Interpreting aptitude tests.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8760 GBP per year during 12 months.
- The additional cost for this is £250, depending on your mode of travel.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.