The Sustainable Rural Development in Tropics and Subtropics programme at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is based on the interdisciplinary approach focused on food production systems in tropics, food processing and use of suitable agricultural technologies based on renewable energy resources.
An important component of the program is food security, which plays a key role in sustainable rural development in all developing countries.
The students study courses addressing various agricultural production systems, bioresource technology in agriculture, food processing technology, food security, and economic and social aspects of rural development in developing countries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Development Economics
- Economics of Farming Systems in Tropics and Subtropics
- Scientific Seminar
- Water Resources Management
- Marketing of Tropical and Subtropical Products
- Sociology and Demography of Rural Areas in Less Developed Countries
- Human Nutrition and Prevention of Food-Borne Diseases in TS
- Scientific Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To all programmes, applicants must submit CV, annotation of bachelor thesis and motivation letter in English, no later than March to the Study Administration Office of FTA (personally or by electronic mail).
- The entrance examination comprises of the interview in the English language focused on the professional subject area according to the field selected and prerequisites for study in the selected field. Applicants must reach at least 60 out of 100 points from the interview; criteria is set by the committee in each field and will consider: the level of common and expert English, experience and practice from the selected study field, quality and focus of the Bachelor's thesis and a motivation for the study.
International187 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 187 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA187 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 187 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees in national currency: 5 000 CZK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.