The course has been designed in close collaboration with General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) to provide flexible, tailored support and will equip you with advanced knowledge and skills to provide more complex care for patients.
Using specially designed Case-Based Learning, you'll be able to relate your learning to a simulated clinical case, thereby embedding your newfound knowledge in a meaningful and useful way.
The programme includes:
- Content across all General Dental Practice disciplines
- High quality supervised clinical education
- Innovative Case-Based Learning materials
- Teaching in small groups
- World-leading virtual experience in our clinical rehearsal suite
- Access to advanced haptic training simulations
- Teaching by tutors who really understand the needs of general dental practitioners
- Mentoring from an experienced, practising general dental practitionerThis unique programme includes extensive clinical experience and assessment of skills and will support your clinical development to an Advanced level. These higher level skills will be invaluable to future employers in your home country and will allow you to upskill in core competences in dentistry.
The 3 Case-Based Learning (CBL) modules cover:
- CBL1 The Pillars of Oral Health
- CBL2 Patient Challenges
- CBL3 Managing the Worn and Disrupted Dentition
Clinical Practice 1: ‘Refreshing and Refining Skills’
The 3 Case-Based Learning modules cover:
- CBL4 Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery
- CBL5 Traumatology and Complex Endodontics
- CBL6 The Failing Dentition
Research Methodology and Statistics
Clinical Practice 2: ‘Developing and Expanding Skills’
The Case-Based Learning module covers:
- CBL7 The Complex Case
Clinical Skills 3: ‘Dealing with Complexity and Challenge’
You need the following IELTS score:
Minimum required score:
The IELTS – or the International English Language Test System – tests your English-language abilities (writing, listening, speaking, and reading) on a scale of 1.00–9.00. The minimum IELTS score requirement refers to which Overall Band Score you received, which is your combined average score. Read more about IELTS.Schedule IELTS
At least 3 year(s) of work experience are required.Three years full time (or equivalent) post-graduation clinical experience in General Dental Practice.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, Studyportals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
Compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool!
Did you know you can compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool?