Modern History and Culture from Edge Hill University is developing an enhanced appreciation of the methods, approaches and concerns that inform social and cultural history, including the use of historical archives, you will gain expertise in the specialist practical skills required of research-active, professional historians. You will also develop other transferable skills and enhance your employability by engaging in real-world public-facing tasks and activities.
Graduates in History with a higher degree find employment in a wide variety of careers such as teaching, arts organisation and management, the heritage industry, publishing, advertising, journalism, libraries and learning centres, and management/administration.
- Critical Approaches to Postgraduate Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Research Philosophies and Methodologies
- The Victorian City: Image and Reality
- Re-making the Nation: Propaganda, Culture and Identity in the Second World War
- Fictions of Class 1910-1965
- Rhythm and Colour: Literature, Jazz and Art
- The Pre-Raphaelites and Their Circle in Literature and Art
- Text Analysis in the Digital Humanities
- Transgressive Women
- Revenge in Theory and Practice
- Neo-Victorian Fiction
- Violence and the Idea of the Middle East
- Existentialism and French Literature, 1930-1960
- Literature and Laughter
- Cultures of Memory
- Print and the People, 1850-1900
- History Independent Study Module
- Everything is Awesome! Enlightenment to Post-Romantic Children's Cultures
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 639 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
You should have a degree equivalent to UK first-class or second-class honours (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject.
- Alternative professional qualifications and experience will also be considered, together with full and well-argued responses in your online application.
- An interview forms part of the selection process. In exceptional circumstances, you may be requested to complete an entrance task, typically a critical review of a text.
- English Language Requirements
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for part-time study on this MA are £39 per credit for UK students. This is equivalent to £780 per 20 credit module.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.