Your role should encompass the provision of care and appropriate intervention within the perioperative environment, on wards and/or in clinics (usually within a specified surgical specialty).
Surgical Care Practice programme of Edge Hill University will provide you with a systematic and critical understanding of the breadth and depth of knowledge within specific areas of practice. You will develop core and specialist surgical skills and extend your knowledge and practice within the surgical care environment. This will include some operative procedures that will enable specialist practitioners to provide continuity of service and standards of care to patients in areas which do not necessarily need to be provided by medically qualified staff.
On completion of this programme, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification that enables you to undertake the role of a surgical care practitioner.
You will also be able to demonstrate a number of core and specialist skills that will enable you to work effectively as part of the surgical team, work competently to practice within your field of speciality (e.g. cardiothoracic, colorectal, or trauma and orthopaedics) and to be able to function confidently, competently and autonomously.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Practice Project
- Surgical Care Practice
- Clinical Examination and Diagnostics in Surgical Care Practice
- Generic Surgical Care Practice Skills
- Leadership and Management in Surgical Care Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1492 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To join this MSc, you must be a registered healthcare practitioner employed in a suitable working environment.
- The minimum requirement is a degree equivalent to UK first-class or second-class honours (2:2 or above) in a health or social care related subject, with evidence of at least 18 months post-registration experience. If you do not have a degree at 2:2 or above but have been employed as a trainee surgical care practitioner, you may still be able to gain entry to the programme if you can demonstrate evidence of study at undergraduate level (minimum 20 credits at Level 6) within the last three years.
- It is anticipated that all students joining this programme will have extensive subject knowledge or work experience in their chosen field as all of the assessments involve the relation of theory to practice. An interview will form part of the selection process.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For comprehensive information about the financial support available to eligible UK and EU students joining postgraduate courses at Edge Hill University, together with details of how to apply for potential funding, please view the Money Matters guide.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.