You will systematically and creatively analyse the complexities of clinical education, based on active and reflective learning from your own experiences in practice.
The MA in Clinical Education of Edge Hill University will be run on a multi-professional basis, allowing practitioners such as medical doctors, dentists, nurses and allied health professionals to share their knowledge, experience and skills in teaching and supporting learning and the assessment or evaluation of teaching. You will improve your teaching skills and develop a critical understanding of how individuals learn in a clinical environment.
The MA Clinical Education programme will provide specialist knowledge that would be useful for any career that involves the support of learning and assessment in practice. In addition, the programme will enable you to develop skills of critical analysis and research commensurate with postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Clinical Education
- Clinical Education Dissertation
- Curriculum Design in Clinical Education
- Educational Leadership in Health Settings
- Educational Supervision in the Clinical Context
- E-learning in Clinical Education
- Improving Practice in Clinical Education
- Using Simulation to Support Clinical Learning
- Mentoring and Coaching in Clinical Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Special Education Health Sciences View 1492 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To join this programme, prospective participants are expected to be experienced professionals in a medical, dental, nursing or allied health speciality, with some responsibilities for education within the workplace.
- You will be expected to hold a Postgraduate Certificate in a relevant subject (such as PGCert Teaching and Learning in Clinical Practice or an equivalent) as the first 60 credits of the award.
- Please note, if you wish to access any of the modules on a stand-alone basis you do not need to have completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Clinical Practice or an equivalent course of study. These applications will be considered on individual merit.
- You will be asked to provide references. Interviews may also be used to supplement the application process.
EU/EEA37 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37 GBP per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For comprehensive information about the financial support available to eligible UK and EU students joining postgraduate courses at Edge Hill University, together with details of how to apply for potential funding, please view the Money Matters guide.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.