Initially you will develop your research skills by studying the critical, theoretical and methodological approaches to film and media before selecting elective modules to tailor the programme to your own requirements. The programme culminates in the production of a written dissertation.
If you have interests in film, contemporary media and popular culture and/or if you wish to pursue a research-based higher degree in this subject area in the future then this is the programme for you.
- Experience a course that gives you the opportunity to critically engage with and research film and media using methodologies from the humanities and social sciences;
- Benefit from the expertise of the programme team across the fields of media and film;
- Develop your specialism in film and/or media by selecting from options to meet your individual requirements.
Career ProspectsOnce you graduate, you will be equipped with a highly desirable portfolio of transferable skills that will make you highly employable. Graduates may progress on to a wide variety of potential careers in areas such as arts organisation and management, journalism, libraries and learning centres, management/administration or teaching (further training required),. Alternatively, the skills and experience acquired through successful completion of this MA also provide essential preparation for progressing to research qualifications, such as an MPhil or PhD.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Researching Media and Culture
- Film and Media Theory and Analysis
- Dissertation Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 317 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
To join this MA you should have a degree equivalent to UK second class honours (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5220 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5220 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Tuition fees for part-time study on this MA are £29 per credit for UK and EU students, i.e. £580 per 20 credit module.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.