Delivered by an enthusiastic team of cross-disciplinary specialists in popular culture research, the programme will provide you with the opportunity to undertake a comparative study of literature, history and film, working across subject boundaries. You will also develop the practical skills necessary to undertake work across subject boundaries and receive training in transferable research skills and methodologies.
- Combine the study of contemporary popular culture, literature, film and history;
- Benefit from a distinct and interdisciplinary curriculum;
- Study a combination of subjects which are not commonly available within a single MA, taught by a team of supportive and specialist tutors.
Career ProspectsGraduates in the humanities with a higher degree find employment in a wide variety of careers such as teaching, arts organisation and management, the heritage industry, publishing, advertising, journalism, libraries and learning centres or management/administration.Alternatively, upon successful completion of the programme, you may wish to apply to progress onto a research degree such as an MPhil or PhD.
Programme StructureCourses include
- Critical Approaches to Postgraduate Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Research Philosophies and Methodologies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Literature View 510 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
To join this programme a good first degree in a relevant subject is normally required (2.2 or above). An interview will form part of the selection process.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5220 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5220 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Tuition fees for part-time study on this MA are £29 per credit for UK and EU students, i.e. £580 per 20 credit module.
For comprehensive information about the financial support available to eligible UK and EU students joining postgraduate courses at Edge Hill University, together with details of how to apply for potential funding, please view the Money Matters guide.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.