The Design Administration programme from Cardiff University aims to equip graduates with the expertise necessary for the successful administration and management of the design process in the procurement of buildings, from inception to occupation. It is intended to fulfil the growing need for experts in design management, working within consultancies, or in contracting or specialist contractor firms, or in client bodies.
What you'll study
The programme combines management and legal aspects of procurement, with a unique focus on design aspects, addressing current topics of key interest to construction professionals.
It is taught through blended learning (a combination of distance learning methods and on-site courses) and is designed to be undertaken while you are working in practice. A wide range of distance learning teaching methods are used; including one and two-day short courses (online and on campus), lunch time webinars and online, a weekly programme blog and discussion boards. Course material will be available in the form of detailed course notes, wikis, and pre-recorded video presentations. You will be supported by regular online tutorials and provided with detailed feedback on all course assignments.
The events will include advanced seminars and group workshops given by leading experts, designed to encourage you to share experience and knowledge gained in practice.
This programme is taught by well-known experts and maintains strong links with industry, which ensures that the course encompasses current topics of direct relevance to those involved in procuring construction projects, and managing the design process.
The MDA is intended for those who have a degree in a design, construction or building management field, for example architects, engineers, contractors and client representatives. All those registered on the course would normally be in employment, with several years’ experience, but may be looking for promotion to a more senior design management position, or perhaps to set up their own firm.
Students who undertake this course are required to already be in employment. However, this course is designed to enhance their professional development, and aid in career progression.
- Industry Context
- Construction Contracts
- Professional Services
- Design Delivery
- Project Delivery
- International Procurement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Design View 771 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- a 2:2 honours degree in a relevant discipline related to the built environment such as architecture, contracting, engineering, facilities management, or others related to the construction industry
- a university-recognised equivalent academic qualification
- or at least three years’ full-time equivalent relevant professional experience, such as in building design, the construction industry, or as a client of the construction industry, evidenced by a reference(s).
- a signed and dated reference from an individual who is familiar with your work, either on an academic or professional basis. The reference should include information regarding how the referee knows you and for how long as well as their assessment of your skills, experience, work ethic, and suitability for this programme.
- a personal statement which includes your reasons for studying this programme
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 GBP per year during 12 months.
For tuition fees for this course, please visit our website.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.