On completion of the Data Science and Analytics course from Cardiff University, you will be well placed to progress into a variety of roles in data-intensive industries or a related research career.
This one-year degree falls under the umbrella of the Data Science Academy (DSA), run by the School of Computer Science and Informatics, in partnership with the School of Mathematics. You will benefit from the shared knowledge and skills of both Schools. However, your degree will still be run by the School of Mathematics.
- This course incorporates project-based learning using real-world datasets and problems.
- Learn from a cross-disciplinary network of experts across the School of Mathematics, the School of Computer Science and Informatics, and related University research groups such as the Data Innovation Research Institute, Social Data Science Lab, and Health Modelling Centre Cymru.
- Gain valuable work experience on professional work placements and projects with leading data science practitioners in the UK and abroad.
- Some of your modules will be taught in our newly-renovated Turing Suite.
- You will be provided with a laptop during induction week that will remain with you throughout the duration of the course.
The skills you gain during the programme will equip you for graduate roles in this field. Previous postgraduates have gone on to work with a variety of companies and Government organisations including the Office for National Statistics, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide, British Airways, Network Rail, UK Government, The Financial Times, Virgin Media, Welsh Water and Admiral Insurance.
- Data Visualisation
- Applied Machine Learning
- Computational Data Science
- Foundations of Operational Research and Analytics
- Foundations of Statistics and Data Science
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you apply 9–12 months in advance of the course starting.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 151 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
- In order to apply, you must possess a first or minimum second class honours degree from a recognised university in a numerate subject, such as mathematics, operational research, statistics, computer science, management science, economics, engineering or a suitable science degree.
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fee
- EU/EEA £4,850
- NON-EU/EEA £11,475
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.