Businesses, society and policy makers are recognising that change is required at all levels if we are to address the challenge of sustainable energy and development and meet the needs of future generations. At DMU, our Energy and Sustainable Development MSc reflects the knowledge and skills required by professionals working to tackle climate change.
On this Energy and Sustainable Development MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert course at De Montfort University, you will develop an understanding of how sustainable development can be achieved and how we can deal with global climate change through sustainable energy, more efficient design and manufacturing, better management of buildings and organisational behaviour change. You will learn from leading academics and specialists from the Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development (IESD), as well as a range of invited experts and guest speakers.
Our graduates go on to work in a wide range of energy, buildings and sustainability roles in energy and environmental consultancies, non-governmental environmental organisations, central and local government (including the European Commission), and multi-national organisations. Some of our graduates stay on at DMU to continue their academic training with PhD studies.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- The Carbon Trust
- Turley Associates
- National Energy Foundation
- European Commission
- Knightstone Housing Association
- National Grid
- Leicester City Council
- Mott MacDonald
The course has been accredited by both the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute for completing the educational requirements for chartered engineer registration.
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Energy
- Sustainable Buildings
- Resource-Efficient Design
- Energy Analysis Techniques
- Study Skills and Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- MSc (180 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits at level 7)
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 157 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject or five years’ work experience in an appropriate field
- Equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world will be considered
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8375 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8375 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.