This Master’s degree is aimed at current or prospective system managers, system administrators and other IT professionals with a responsibility or aspiration for strategic IT and security management.You will gain an understanding of current issues in information security and IT management, together with an in-depth knowledge of a variety of techniques for strategically managing IT, both as a resource as well as for analysing and controlling security risks. A key aspect of the programme is the systemic perspective that is taken; security is not simply a technical issue, but a component of the wider context of IT management.
- Gain in-depth skills and knowledge of information security and IT management based on professional standards and certifications;
- Study a programme designed specifically for system managers, system administrators and other IT professionals with a responsibility or aspiration for strategic IT and security management;
- Enhance your employability and put the skills you have developed into practice with an optional short work placement.
What are my career prospects?The MSc in Information Security and IT Management will provide you with the skills and knowledge to develop your interests as an IT security professional and IT manager. As organisations become ever more dependent on IT, there are increasing opportunities for specialist positions related to security. The course provides knowledge and skills which underpin Information Systems Security Certification Consortium or (ISC)2 and ISACA certifications.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Development Project
- Research Methods
- Emerging Technologies
- Computer Forensics
- Information Security Management
- IT Strategy and Management
- Project Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences IT Security View 236 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- To join this MSc you should have a degree equivalent to UK second class honours (2:2 or above), comprising 50% or more of content in a computing discipline.
- Equivalent knowledge gained in alternative ways, for example through professional experience or completion of BCS Professional Diploma in IT (Level 6), is also accepted for entry to this programme.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Tuition fees for part-time study on this MSc are £29 per credit for UK and EU students, i.e. £580 per 20 credit module.
FundingFor comprehensive information about the financial support available to eligible UK and EU students joining postgraduate courses at Edge Hill University, together with details of how to apply for potential funding, please view the Money Matters guide.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.