This MA in Second Language Education programme at the University of East Anglia is a one-year full-time programme. It’s ideal if you have either a broad or a specific interest in second language education.
You’ll be studying with students from around the world, offering a wide range of perspectives to enrich your learning. During your time with us you’ll spend time investigating second language education case studies from a range of countries. And you’ll explore research related to second language policy-making, pedagogy, and curriculum development.
You’ll study examples of best practice, which you will critically assess and use to inform the development of practice within your own national context. You’ll spend time developing knowledge and understanding of international literature, which will prove invaluable whether you’re interested in becoming a policy maker, curriculum planner or teacher.
- Second Language Teaching positions in compulsory and post-compulsory public education sectors
- Second Language Education policymaking in the public and private sectors
- Local government planning, advising, and policy making in Second Language Education spheres
- NGOs, not-for-profit and private educational development organisations – teaching, planning and policy making
- Think tanks, research organisations and charities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Reading
- Educational Research Methods
- Introducing Innovation and Change
- Language Learning in Context
- Innovation and Change in Second Language Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 753 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree Subject Social Science/Humanities. English, Modern Languages and other second languages desirable.
- Degree Classification UK 2:1 or equivalent.
- Special Entry Requirements Second language teaching experience desirable but not essential.
- The University will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant and applications are actively encouraged from those who want to return to academic study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.