The European and International Business Law programme at Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary offers 24 different courses focusing on various aspects of European and international business law. About half of all courses are optional with different varieties of specialization.
Lecturers are renowned professionals of their field, both as academics and practitioners from law firms, judiciary and top-level international or domestic legal organizations.
Visiting lecturers from a number of other countries are also incorporated in the programme. The programme is concluded with the defence of the master thesis and the completion of the final exam.
Besides classroom lectures and seminars, the possibility for valuable insights into relevant legal practice represents the other form of learning benefits for participants.
In order to obtain professional experience and create a network of contacts, participants in the LLM programme will have the opportunity to engage in unpaid internships and take part in the operation of law firms with extensive European and international practice in legal matters.
- The Free Movement of Goods, and Persons in the EU
- The Free Movement of Services and Capital within the EU
- European and Comparative Competition Law
- International Sale of Goods: the CISG and INCOTERMS
- Rules and Institutions of International Investment Protection
- European and International Intellectual Property Law
- Hungarian for Absolute Beginners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Business Law View 5 other Masters in Business Law in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- CV in English, including a passport-size photo
- Copy of the passport
- Letter of motivation in English (minimum 1 page, including the applicant’s background, purposes and study aims)
- Certified English copy of the law degree (if the applicant is expected to obtain the degree in law after the application deadline, but the process of graduation will be completed by the end of the current academic year, the certified English copy of the law degree shall be submitted after graduation) - minimum requirement: four-year BA law degree.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the applicant’s institution of legal studies)
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarship opportunities for international students
Provisions Covered by the Scholarships: Tuition-free education, Monthly stipend, Accomodation contribution, Medical insurance
Founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the programme is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year.
Please find all the information at the programme's website: https://english.kre.hu/index.php/study-programmes-in-foreign-languages/scholarships-for-international-students/karoli-christian-scholarship.html
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.