The Master In Learning and Communication in Multilingual and Multicultural Contexts from the University of Luxembourg focuses on issues of linguistic and cultural diversity which arise among other things in the fields of education, communication and in different institutional and professional contexts. In courses and seminars, multilingualism is likewise an integral part of the forms of exchange between the students. In the philosophy of the programme, multilingualism is considered to be of added value in the building of knowledge.
At scientific level, the programme:
- aims to familiarize students with scientific literature dealing with multilingualism and multiculturalism in fields such as sociolinguistics, applied linguistics, education, epistemology, sociology, digital literacy, etc.
- aims to develop students’ detailed knowledge of the necessary methodological tools, with special emphasis on qualitative research in these areas
- aims to develop students’ independent research competences
- aims to accompany the thought processes necessary for students to act as responsible members of society, in connection with issues of multilingualism and multiculturalism
- International Symposium in a Partner University;
- Master Class with renown international experts;
- Workplace training through short-term internship;
- Multilingual and multicultural staff and students;
- Connections to the public and private sector, including European Institutions
The MA programme also prepares students for further PhD studies in disciplines such as sociolinguistics, education, anthropology or sociology.
Careers beyond the academic world
The Master is an interdisciplinary programme that will open up career possibilites in domains such as education, journalism, new media, cultural and diversity management, cultural mediation, business and professional communication, tourism, translation, etc.
- Participation, Learning & Technology
- Digital Diasporas: Migration, Multilingual Communities and the Media
- Creative writing and second language learning
- Promoting Childhood Bilingualism at Home and at School
- Trilingual Presentation skills
- General French - A2.1
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent BA degree in educational or social sciences, psychology or any (inter-)disciplinary field related to education, learning, language studies or socio-cultural issues.
- Students' English need to be functional for academic use (reading, discussing, writing) C1 level (Cadre Européen Commun de Référence pour les Langues).
- Either French or German is required as a second working language, B2 level.
- The MA provides you with a setting helping you to improve your language skills in terms of scientific writing, presentations, and working in, on and with multilingual situations.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Registration fees: 200 € / semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.