If you're a highly motivated graduate with care experience who wishes to become a registered adult nurse and gain an MSc in an accelerated two year timeframe, the MSc Nursing graduate entry programme is perfect for you.
The Adult Nursing programme from Keele University builds your academic skill sets, professional responsibility and technical complexity related to patient care throughout the two years. Successful completion of this innovative programme will ensure you will meet the registration requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
We aim to facilitate your development to become one of the best post-graduate nurses in the country. To achieve this you will develop a skill set which includes:
- Deliver safe, competent, evidence-based nursing practice
- Adopting professional values, attitudes and behaviours
- Developing your interpersonal skills
- Effective team-working
- Improving management and leadership skills
- Demonstrate competence in research and be able to successfully manage a project
Upon successful completion of this course you will be a qualified, capable postgraduate nurse ready to work in your chosen specialism. You will have developed competency in assessing, delivering and managing nursing care and be able to confidently support your nursing practice decisions with a robust evidence base. You will have the research and leadership skills to work as a leader and change agent.
You will graduate with an MSc and key sets of clinical, interpersonal and research skills, ready to register as an adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You will have the opportunity to find employment in a range of settings in the UK or internationally. Nursing work can be diverse and in planning your future career you may wish to follow one of the following career pathways: Practitioner, Educator, Researcher or Manager.
Successful completion of this innovative programme will ensure you will meet the registration requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing Care in Context & Health Promotion
- Masters Clinical Nursing Practice
- Research Methods
- Applied Pharmacology and Safety
- Leadership in Nursing Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The MSc Adult Nursing programme recognises that prior learning and experience is integral to the student’s learning.
- A first honours degree (normally 2:2 or above) in any subject
- English Language and Maths GCSE at grade A* - C (discuss with admissions team if you have equivalent qualifications)
- We welcome applications from international students. You can find more information on studying at Keele as an international student, here.
- Any overseas qualifications should be equivalent to UK qualifications which meet our entry requirements. If you have completed your degree outside the UK, we will require a clear copy of your degree documentation to ensure NARIC comparability. Please note that all applicants who are invited to interview will be required to present their original degree documentation.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 770 hours care experience (approximately six months F/T work). Relevant voluntary experience would be accepted as a portion of the total hours on a case by case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24200 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.