As a student on the master’s programme in Analytical Science for Industry from Keele University , you will benefit from our research expertise and our links with industries that provide the foundation for work placement opportunities.
All students on this MSc will undertake a 30 week placement with an industrial context, either in Keele University’s laboratories or at the industrial partner’s premises, which will ultimately boost your employability skills.
The focus of this master's degree is very much on each student acquiring the scientific knowledge, the technical skills and the wide range of professional skills to enable them to start their career working with confidence in an industrial or international laboratory context.
This one-year master’s programme (if full-time) aims to provide highly employable graduates who not only have a broad education in analytical sciences but also in the industrial context (commercial awareness and IP matters; science and technology transfer; entrepreneurship), together with a theoretical and practical understanding of the selected analytical techniques used in industry.
The programme will enable all students to evidence professional experience which will significantly raise their employability potential.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills for Analytical Science
- Analytical Science: Principles & Practice
- Research in Industry
- MSc Independent Research Project: Research Communication
- MSc Independent Research Project: Report
- MSc Independent Research Project: Portfolio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Natural Sciences View 129 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- It is expected that applicants will already hold an honours degree in a scientific discipline appropriate to the chosen research project area that includes a good basic understanding of analytical chemistry and instrumentation, although each application will be considered on an individual basis.
- The minimum degree category for entry onto this programme is lower second class degree, in line with the 50% pass mark required for successful completion of this course.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not meet these criteria, but can evidence appropriate, alternative professional qualifications and/ or experience.
- Students offered a place on the MSc Analytical Science for Industry course will be interviewed for a place at their preferred placement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.