The Criminology and Criminal Justice programme from Keele University welcomes recent graduates (whether UK based or international students), mature students, and professionals in one of the relevant fields (e.g. police officers, prison officers, probation officers, social workers, lawyers, magistrates).
The distinctiveness of the programme resides in its multidisciplinary curriculum which is simultaneously rooted in the University’s combined honours approach to undergraduate teaching and interdisciplinary approach to research.
Graduates from our course have found employment in a variety of occupations including: the accelerated police and prison graduate training programmes; the probation service; in other criminal justice agencies; in the voluntary sector with organisations such as Victim Support and NACRO; and in a variety of other graduate level jobs. In addition, a number of graduates have gone on to take postgraduate courses at Keele and elsewhere.
As part of your Criminology degree you will have gained a set of Distinctive Graduate Attributes that put you in a unique position in an uncertain labour market that demands graduate employees to be skilled, yet flexible, workers.
For further help and advice about how to put yourself in the best position upon graduation explore the Careers and Employability web pages or drop in to see them. They can help with all aspects of the transition into employment, from drawing up a CV to preparing for job interviews.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Criminology: Theory and Practice
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Contemporary Challenges in Criminal Justice
- Advanced Topics in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 177 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have an honours degree at 2:2 class or higher (or international equivalent) in one of the humanities or social sciences subjects (e.g. law, criminal justice, criminology, sociology, history, political science). However, applicants with other qualifications and appropriate experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students for whom English is a second language will need English language proficiency of at least 6.5 in IELTS, with 5.5 in each subtest (or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK - PT £4,600
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.