The research centre is also an EPSRC Doctoral Training Centre for Regenerative Medicine, an Arthritis UK Centre and a UK Regenerative Medicine Platform Research Hub. This multidisciplinary environment enables close interaction with leading academics and clinicians involved in cutting-edge, and clinically transformative research.
The MSc in Cell and Tissue Engineering from Keele University provides support from the basics of human anatomy and physiology, through to development of novel nanotechnologies for healthcare. Due to the teaching and research involvement of clinical academic staff within the department, there are exciting opportunities to be exposed to current clinical challenges and state-of-the-art developments. Clinical visits and specialist seminars are offered and students will be able to select dissertation projects that span fundamental research to clinical translation of technologies – a truly ‘bench to bedside’ approach.
The aim of the course is to provide multidisciplinary Masters level postgraduate training in Cell and Tissue Engineering to prepare students for future employment in healthcare, industrial and academic environments. This involves building on existing undergraduate knowledge in basic science or engineering and applying it to core principles and current issues in medicine and healthcare.
Specifically, the objectives of the course are to:
- Provide postgraduate-level education leading to professional careers in Cell and Tissue Engineering in industry, academia and a wide range of healthcare establishments such as medical organisations, medical research institutions and hospitals
- Provide an opportunity for in-depth research into specialist and novel areas of Biomaterials, and Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Expose students to the clinically translational environment within an active medical research environment with hands-on practical ability and supporting knowledge of up-to-date technological developments at the forefront of the field
- Introduce students to exciting new fields such as regenerative medicine, nanotechnology, cutting edge molecular techniques in cell and tissue engineering.
Our MSc Cell and Tissue Engineering programme has tracked alongside the strongly emergent global Regenerative Medicine industry and will prepare you for an exciting future within a range of medical engineering areas, be that in academic or industrial research, medical materials, devices, or therapeutics sectors, or in the clinical arena.
The modular structure to the course enables flexibility and personalisation to suit your career aspirations, build upon strengths and interests and develop new understanding in key topics.
Graduate destinations for our students could include: undertaking further postgraduate study and research (PhD); pursuing a university-based, academic research career; providing technical consultancy for marketing and sales departments within industry; working within biomedical, biomaterials, therapeutic, life science and regenerative medicine industries or working for a governmental regulatory agency for healthcare services and products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Stem Cells: Types, Characteristics & Applications
- Bioreactors and Growth Environments
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Experimental Research Methodology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 381 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
2:1 degree, we welcome applications from people with a first or upper second-class degree (or equivalent) in engineering, physical or life sciences, medicine, or professions allied to medicine.
- We also welcome enquiries from people with other professional qualifications acceptable to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK - PT £4,950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.