The Biomedical Engineering course from Keele University will cover the fundamentals of engineering in medicine, introduce you to the latest developments in medical technology and expose you to the challenges of working with patients through clinical visits. Learning and teaching methods include lectures and demonstrations from medical and engineering specialists, practical classes using state-of-the-art facilities and seminars with leading national and international researchers.
Graduate destinations for our students could include: delivering non-clinical services and technology management in a hospital; designing, developing and manufacturing medical devices in the private sector; working for a governmental regulatory agency for healthcare services and products; undertaking further postgraduate study and research (PhD); pursuing a university-based, academic research career; or providing technical consultancy for marketing departments.
The aim of the course is to provide multidisciplinary Masters level postgraduate training in Biomedical Engineering to prepare students for future employment in healthcare, industrial and academic environments. This involves building on existing undergraduate knowledge in basic science or engineering and applying it to core principles and current issues in medicine and healthcare.
Specifically, the objectives of the course are to:
- Provide postgraduate-level education leading to professional careers in biomedical engineering in industry, academia and a wide range of healthcare establishments such as medical organisations, medical research institutions and hospitals
- Provide an opportunity for in-depth research into specialist and novel areas of biomedical and clinical engineering;
- Expose students to practical work in a hospital environment with hands-on knowledge of patient care involving technological developments at the forefront of the field
- Introduce students to exciting new fields such as regenerative medicine and novel technologies for physiological monitoring and diagnostics.
The course is accredited by the Institute for Physics and Engineering in Medicine,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering for Medical Applications
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiological Measurement
- Medical Equipment and Technology Services Management
- Medical Device Design Principles
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Experimental Research Methodology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:2 degree, we welcome applications from people with a first or second-class degree (or equivalent) in engineering, physical or life sciences, medicine, or professions allied to medicine.
- We also welcome enquiries from people with other professional qualifications acceptable to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK - PT £5600
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.